The many complex considerations of ownership can be simplified and streamlined by developing a plan that helps owners understand their individual roles and responsibilities and speak with one voice.
- Developing an owners' plan: a unified statement of the owners' values, needs and goals, how the owners will work as a group, and what kind of board arrangement they want
- Resolving ownership conflicts
- Developing and implementing succession and transition plans
- Identifying how the participants will be involved
Implementing what the owners want is more effective when the owners agree upon and endorse a board structure and process.
This is achieved by:
- Helping owners understand how board decisions are made in their business
- Helping owners and managers understand what boards do
- Designing and building board arrangements and processes that facilitate growth and transition
- Establishing and developing boards of directors and/or advisory groups based on the owners' needs and goals
A non-financial audit is a thorough company analysis that uncovers the real issues and challenges, unique to every business, that must be faced and addressed so it can move forward successfully.
- Identifying a company's biggest business growth challenges
- Assessing the strength of management
- Identifying and assessing the impact of company culture, values and work environment
- Determining departmental effectiveness
- Recommending a plan of action
Implementing Growth Plans
A company that is effectively structured for long-term growth is one that is carefully, and actively, guiding the process of change.
This is achieved by:
- Building growth-oriented cultures
- Assessing and building organizational structures, and defining job responsibilities and accountabilities
- Raising the standards for individual behavior, performance and communication
- Developing performance review systems that are tied to the company's growth goals
- Developing and implementing strategic and annual plans
- Developing management teams
- Evaluating key personnel